‘Damage’ is a poem about traumatic brain injury by Stanley Smith. It is a powerful, impactful first person account of waking up and trying to make sense of what has happened. As I completed yet another clean out I found a copy of this poem in my archives from the early 90’s. I know, I […]
Tag Archives | traumatic brain injury
Sometimes people do things that seem a bit odd but fun! In 2011 a fun study with a serious side about traumatic brain injury was conducted by a group of Neurosurgeons in Germany. The results were published in the European Association of Neurobiological Studies and widely reported since. Why is that special […]
Sign up here and get your FREE e-book about brain injury
- When Get up and Go is Gone. Lack of Initiation and Motivation after Brain Injury August 19, 2014
- Frontal Lobe Damage: When the Leader Can’t Lead August 27, 2013
- “I’m So Tired My Brain Hurts” Cognitive Fatigue March 12, 2013
- Flooding of the Senses: Sensory Overload After Brain Injury November 24, 2015
- Living with Stroke: What I Learned at Stroke Support Group July 23, 2014
- Managing Celebrations after Brain Injury December 9, 2016
- The Brain and Executive Function. What is Executive Function? October 26, 2016
- Tips for Making Decisions After Brain Injury October 18, 2016
- Changed Decision Making After Brain Injury October 12, 2016
- Wondering Who You Are August 17, 2016
- Melanie Atkins: Tammy I apologise that this reply is so long comin...
- Melanie Atkins: Thanks again Matthew for sharing your story and he...
- Melanie Atkins: Lucina, You sound like a very resilient amazing pe...
- Lucina: Thank you for your insightful information Mrs. Atk...
- Matthew Gale: Hi Melanie, thanks for this in...