I was watching a news clip of Gabrielle Giffords presenting simply and powerfully to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Gun Violence on January 30th 2013. Her courage, determination and bravery are absolutely evident, and inspirational. I watch, and among many thoughts I think, this is why I do what I do, how amazing, how privileged […]
Tag Archives | brain injury
Have you heard this or similar comments? It’s real. It is termed Cognitive Fatigue. And the good news is there are strategies to help minimize it. Before I get to the strategies, here are a couple of real life descriptions to help explain what it is like: In an article in The Guardian newspaper Tim […]
Sign up here and get your FREE e-book about brain injury
- When Get up and Go is Gone. Lack of Initiation and Motivation after Brain Injury August 19, 2014
- Frontal Lobe Damage: When the Leader Can’t Lead August 27, 2013
- “I’m So Tired My Brain Hurts” Cognitive Fatigue March 12, 2013
- Flooding of the Senses: Sensory Overload After Brain Injury November 24, 2015
- Living with Stroke: What I Learned at Stroke Support Group July 23, 2014
- Managing Celebrations after Brain Injury December 9, 2016
- The Brain and Executive Function. What is Executive Function? October 26, 2016
- Tips for Making Decisions After Brain Injury October 18, 2016
- Changed Decision Making After Brain Injury October 12, 2016
- Wondering Who You Are August 17, 2016
- Melanie Atkins: Tammy I apologise that this reply is so long comin...
- Melanie Atkins: Thanks again Matthew for sharing your story and he...
- Melanie Atkins: Lucina, You sound like a very resilient amazing pe...
- Lucina: Thank you for your insightful information Mrs. Atk...
- Matthew Gale: Hi Melanie, thanks for this in...