Years ago I discovered I am a happier being if I don’t watch or listen to the news. Events and news frequently filters through through despite my efforts. Sometimes as a balance to all the woeful news it is good to be reminded of the wonderful side of human beans. My reminder this week came […]
Archive | Strengths based RSS feed for this section
Masks have been used in many cultures and throughout history for protection, theatre, disguise. This is about soldiers creating art – masks – to help understand their trauma and brain injury. I do not quite know how to describe the moment I opened the envelope and saw “Healing Soldiers” the cover of the February […]
We do better when we build from what we do well. We do better when we work from our strengths. We mostly know this about ourselves, but how do we put it into practice? Working from a strengths based approach does not always come easily and naturally to everyone, yet it can be life changing […]
You want to use a strengths based approach, but where do you start? What does it mean in real life? How do you ask strengths based questions to identify and understand your own, or another person’s strengths? Do you find you a strengths approach comes naturally to you? Or have you found it difficult? We […]
Sign up here and get your FREE e-book about brain injury
- When Get up and Go is Gone. Lack of Initiation and Motivation after Brain Injury August 19, 2014
- Frontal Lobe Damage: When the Leader Can’t Lead August 27, 2013
- “I’m So Tired My Brain Hurts” Cognitive Fatigue March 12, 2013
- Flooding of the Senses: Sensory Overload After Brain Injury November 24, 2015
- Living with Stroke: What I Learned at Stroke Support Group July 23, 2014
- Managing Celebrations after Brain Injury December 9, 2016
- The Brain and Executive Function. What is Executive Function? October 26, 2016
- Tips for Making Decisions After Brain Injury October 18, 2016
- Changed Decision Making After Brain Injury October 12, 2016
- Wondering Who You Are August 17, 2016
- Melanie Atkins: Tammy I apologise that this reply is so long comin...
- Melanie Atkins: Thanks again Matthew for sharing your story and he...
- Melanie Atkins: Lucina, You sound like a very resilient amazing pe...
- Lucina: Thank you for your insightful information Mrs. Atk...
- Matthew Gale: Hi Melanie, thanks for this in...