Celebrations after brain injury can be tricky. This article is updated and reposted each year before the end of year. Timed for when Christmas, Hannukah, New Year and other celebrations abound. It acknowledges that managing celebrations after brain injury can be difficult. Filled with expectation and anticipation – it does not always deliver on the […]
About Melanie Atkins
Author Archive | Melanie Atkins
An article “When Can’t Is About Power’ by Cheryl Green really got me thinking. I reckon most of us have been on one side or other of this conversation at some time. If you have visited Changed Lives or Changed Lives New Journey’s Facebook you probably know I am a big Cheryl Green and Who […]
Posted 2014 and 2015 11th day 11th month @11am I have decided that until the issue of soldiers with brain injury, around the world, is adequately addressed I will repost this each Remembrance Day. First published in 2014. In November 2014 after several weeks of trying to prepare an article for Remembrance day: “traumatic […]
Brain injury is unique, its outcomes distinct. Often I have heard of confusion about brain injury with mental illness and brain injury with intellectual disability. So today I am updating and reposting an article I wrote a while ago that reminds us of the differences. Brain Injury is DIFFERENT to other conditions, illnesses, and disabilities: […]
Here are a random selection of my memorable moments of 2014 out of the 45,000 words -give or take a few – written on Changed Lives New Journey. Just before I begin – forgive the lack of a numbered list. Grrrrrr – Consider all those little 1’s below. Usually I spend hours getting […]
Sign up here and get your FREE e-book about brain injury
- When Get up and Go is Gone. Lack of Initiation and Motivation after Brain Injury August 19, 2014
- Frontal Lobe Damage: When the Leader Can’t Lead August 27, 2013
- “I’m So Tired My Brain Hurts” Cognitive Fatigue March 12, 2013
- Flooding of the Senses: Sensory Overload After Brain Injury November 24, 2015
- Living with Stroke: What I Learned at Stroke Support Group July 23, 2014
- Managing Celebrations after Brain Injury December 9, 2016
- The Brain and Executive Function. What is Executive Function? October 26, 2016
- Tips for Making Decisions After Brain Injury October 18, 2016
- Changed Decision Making After Brain Injury October 12, 2016
- Wondering Who You Are August 17, 2016
- Melanie Atkins: Tammy I apologise that this reply is so long comin...
- Melanie Atkins: Thanks again Matthew for sharing your story and he...
- Melanie Atkins: Lucina, You sound like a very resilient amazing pe...
- Lucina: Thank you for your insightful information Mrs. Atk...
- Matthew Gale: Hi Melanie, thanks for this in...